Friday, July 27, 2007

RIM TO RIM (backdated - 10th to 13th Jul'07) - South Rim

Ok, here comes Part 2:
After hiking for about 2+days/2 nights, we finally reached our destination - South Rim.

Unlike North Rim, which is like a ulu ulu place, South Rim is like 'Holland V of Singapore' - to put it more aptly.

South Rim is very much bigger.. and alot more things to "see". But of cos, there's so much people there it feels like a urbanised place.

Anyhow, when we reached, we went to the campsite to "check-in" (reached about 1pm)

After settling down abit, set up tent, those who wanna bathe go bathe. Well, I went into the shower (5mins for 1.75USD), ehhhh... I bathe too long, no more water but I still had soap all over my body! Sheesh.. But at least i showered after 2-3 days of non-showering....

After nuahing abit, we had a sumptuous lunch, 以形补形.

We hit the giftshop after our meal... After that we went to catch the sunset at Yavapalai Point. You won't believe how many people is there! its like madness. SOOOOOO many people!




The night was spent at South Rim's campsite. The temperature dropped to 11 degrees C,and while I was holed up INTO my sleeping bag, the unbearable coldness of the night made it almost impossible to sleep! I keep checking my watch to see if it was time for day break..

As soon as it was time to wakie, we chiong to the cafe to have breakfast, and after that, walked around abit at South Rim (before we head back to North Rim)

Pictures galore>>



I'm a Cow-gal! MOOOoooO!Oo





新加坡版的S.H.E.!!!Their General Store there is soooo big lor..machiam Walmart!




Ok, thats about it.. Time for bed, blog laters..

3 comments:

  1. Heyhey!

    The sunset at Yavapalai Point is just sooooooo beautiful!!

    And and...you look good in that cowgirl pic! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daphne! YiLin here. Lucky you to be able to walk those trails. Grand Canyon is beautiful, especially during sunset. I spent 2 days there last year when i was on my Work&Travel too. Take care over there! And Happy Graduation!!


    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow so nice to reminisce the hike...

    ReplyDelete