Friday, May 25, 2007

Embarking on THE trip!

Let us embark on an adventure, from Singapore to Grand Canyon.

I took the China Airlines from Singapore to Los Angeles Airport (LAX). En route, I transited in Taiwan.

(Sorry, no pictures of the airplane and food on plane ‘cos it was troublesome to take pictures with the bulk of luggage I was carrying)



When I arrived at LAX, I hesitated whether to take a cab to the Greyhound bus station in LA or to take public transport. The public transport required me to change bus services 3 times! On calculated risks, I decided to take the cab…

Nahbei! The cab cost USD 65 bucks!!! That’s like S$100?! WTF!!!! If not for safety and fears of missing the Greyhound bus, I would have ventured for the public transport.

I reached the Greyhound station about 20 mins, and waited from 920pm to 1145pm for the Greyhound bus (LA time). Waiting was tough; as I did not sleep on the plane from Singapore to LA. Had to stay awake to keep my eye on my luggage! I met some nice people at the Greyhound station, an ‘abit’ old woman (probably in her fifties) was particularly nice and brave (she disallowed people to jump queue, heh heh) Later we sat together in the bus from LA to Las Vegas. This time I slept soundly, perhaps it was night time and I was far too tired to keep my eyes peeled.



We reached Las Vegas, Nevada after about 5 hours of traveling. I waited to transit to St George at the station. Sian ji pua.. must wait again!! This time no seats to sit.. had to stand in line…and the bus was late!!

(the bus driver signed on my baggage ticket!)

We traveled another (approximately 2 hours) and reached St George, Greyhound stop. It was just beside Macdonalds! When I alighted from the Greyhound bus, it was cold! But I had a fulfilling breakfast!


look at the SHREK milk bottle! Cute!

McGriddies!! Not yet in Singapore!

You know? the best part of it? I did it alone! =)

I was apprehensive about doing this.. man, but i guess its ok.. and i relinquish the fact that did it alone.. makes me feel.. hmmmm.. not bad? Haha



No comments:

Post a Comment