Monday, August 20, 2007

10 days and counting..

Today marks my last 10 days in Grand Canyon. Come 12am, it will spiral into a single digit (9days left)

As the time for me to leave here draws nearer, I am having pangs of she-bu-de-ness, ie, can't bear to leave the place.
My past 3 months here, I have grown attached to this foreign environment, with new friends, new living space, new life, etc. More importantly, I have grown emotionally attached to some of the friends I made here, like my boss, Amy, post-lady, Judy, my working crew @ Deli - Marek, Diego, Micheala, Zuzana (who sometimes drives me crazy).
If I thought it was sad to see my SG friends off when they had go back to school in Singapore, I really can't imagine the day when I leave here. Even when I think about it now, I can't help feeling...down. I have almost thoroughly(well, 80% of the time, I guess, amidst some racism, exploitation, overworkingness, bla bla..) enjoyed my stay here, so much so I don't even miss Singapore abit. Only my family, friends and food. Other things about Singapore, I really don't give a flying f*. I would gladly get away from Singapore. Everything is about efficiency - so much so there is no life. I am purely staying alive, I am not living my life at all! Just counting the days till the day I step into my coffin. Life didn't make any sense to me. I am always wondering why life is so oppressing in Singapore. I had to study stuffs that isn't really useful, do stupid FYP that didn't benefit me much but allow my Prof. to exploit my time spent on the project. Pure Crap. I like it so much here that I don't wanna leave. But as the saying goes, all good things come to an end, perhaps it is better to end on a high note, and not let it dawdle to something..... yeah, leave it while its good - so that only good memories will dwell in the heart forever.

7 comments:

  1. yea, i miss that place too..but life goes on..
    looking foward to meeting u in sg :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha,finally it's ur turn now!
    u will miss it more seriously when u're back in s'pore especially for the 1st two weeks!
    anyway, happy travelling! n becareful~
    everyone waiting for u to come back for gathering lor~ c u lar~

    ReplyDelete
  3. heh trust me you will feel DAMN sad when you are back here. not so much when you are traveling but back in SIN. waiting for you to come back for gathering!take care when you travel coz i lost my PASSPORT, ALL my $, mobile, camera just a few hours b4 my flight and at tt time i was alone. tell u more soon. ~shir

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww...i miSS yoU toO...
    fasTEr cuM back lah!
    *plAy BB*

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey! MUST MEET WHEN YOU ARE BACK IN SG OKAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ey i cannot wait to go back in the US u know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. racism,exploitation n overworking-ness.......haha i like it,3words to describe 3 months=p
    i miss it there though...even thought about going back again haha but as soon as that thought comes to my mind, i always remind myself of how much i hate alma haha
    happy travelling=)

    ReplyDelete