Tuesday, May 19, 2009

day 10 - BORING Perth, here we come!!

Left Sydney feeling I could do more sight seeing here, but time is always evasive!
Anyways, left Sydney for Perth...



so tired that I zonked out on the plane.

and whilst I was awake, I would be eating or drinking. Fell in love with drinking coke here so shiok, their can is larger! About 70ml MORE COKE.

Doggie on patrol...
Upon arrival at Perth Airport, we went to the Tourist Information Counter and asked about touristy stuffs - the volunteers were very informative, friendly and nice! Volunteers leh! Haha, Sg should take a leaf out from here! (not cos of CIP then "volunteer" one, huh!)
We then took a bus to the CBD area, and deposited our bags at a shop for a fee of AUD$6. By then I was grumpy cos I was hungry and tired..

Well fed and a little less grumpy, we went about walking round town.
Get transported to... LONDON









That's London Court for you, situated at Perth's CBD area, just an alleyway, no more. A tad disappointing, if you ask me.

Then we walked to swan lake.
Swan bell tower?

I am a cyclist hor.....

picturesque background, how can dun take!

sunset at the swan lake. The diffusion of colours are amazing!

To quote my physics lecturer, the different colours in the sky are caused by diffraction of the colour spectrum that travels into your eyes.... that's why you see hues of blue, pink, some orange in the skies! (my physics lecturer must be so proud of me! I can still recall after 5 yrs!)

Soon it was time for dinner! YEAH!!!!
We went to a vietnamese restaurant and met up with ET's prospective da sao!
a must try is the bo lui! (not no money hor!). Its beef in skewered in wine and something. Zan!

Then we took a train to Fremantle! Gonna meet ET's course mates and stay in Fre!


Getting around is not difficult with the train!


When we reached Fre, it was drizzling, ET's mates went to find us at some cross junction, and brought us to the Hostel we were supposed to stay...

First thing tt greeted me at the Pirates backpackers was the stench of dirty carpet AND HUGE Fluffy cats. I HATE CATS!!! EEYUR.
The next, I got a shock when I went into our bunk. The pillows! HWAH! Was those type I will discard when I springclean for CNY! Alamak. Got those sweat/drool stains one lor. Got "ba wuuuu" somemore. The bed...... I dun even dare inspect! The smell is really power!
The showers were communal.... not very comfortable with it....
But one thing's good about here, is that they have a good spread of ethnicity here! And the backpackers here are really very friendly! I would have thought the 帅弟弟 was picking me up if I didn't known better!
People here are really backpackers... now what "sg backpackers" are - carry backpack, then read lonely planet, then been there, done that = backpackers. Ha ha. Don't make me laugh.
Showered and done my laundry, the group discussed the plans for tmr.... and in the midst of discussion.... bed bugs were spotted. A few victims fell prey. After a short discussion, we decided that we should MOVE. Move to somewhere bedbugs are fall away from us. Calls were made, decisions, decisiveness. And at 2++ am, the 7 of us gals, moved out of Pirates backpackers, and drove/took cab to Billabong's resort (our accomodation for day 12 and 13) off Perth CBD. It was raining quite hard when we left, abit like 可怜虫。 夜晚无家可归,又下着大雨。。。

At 3+ am, we checked into Billabong resort. Satisfied and happy like a lark. Why? For you to find out from the next entry!

2 comments:

  1. what the HELL are you talking about??

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah na! I dun nasty! me got shi in ma pan!

    ReplyDelete