Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 5 - Sydney, Graduation Ceremony

Woke up feeling like a million bucks! (considering I am like feeling peniless penny-less the past few days), the running nose has subsided, thats good news for sure!

Eventful day, many errands to run! This morning we will be going to Paddy's Market to look for flowers... but not without me hunting down me "australia's big breakfast"!
SHIOKS! Its like the one we had at "rider's cafe" the baked beans same taste one!!

very happy after my breakfast!


Paddy's market was located in chinatown, and it was quite a bit of walk from where we were staying...
ET got flowers for her bro's convocation, and we bought some fruits...





me posing with my Pills

the wishing tree that weeps in chinatown

busker outside paddy's market.. how come got 2 fretboards one ahhh?
And then we rushed back to the apartment to get ready...
A little "mishap"happened, but shall not be elaborated!

the Grand hall

Sydney University


















CONGRATULATIONS, DR. SEE!!
very happy family!







ET is always giving this happy pose. He he he

trying to get the best angle!

After the convocation,we went back to our apartment....
And the time that I have been pining, pining on is finally gonna be here soon!
Mystery guest of the day!!

I went to wait for her at the apartment lobby... fearing that she won't know where the apartment is, I went out to the streets to wait for her.....
等一个很久未见的朋友,你可知道会是怎样的心情吗?
Suddenly she appears in front of me! and says....
You are still the same! You are still as short!! =_=
打从心底的开心,我还能见到她。我还以为,两年前这么一别,一定没得在相见了……

Amy + ET.



Ferris wheel
Because we are too early for dinner, we walked to darling harbor to catch the fire works display

Dinner!
lobster sashimi!

ET eating the lobster brains

and its marvellous!!!

cooked lobster

some veggies

Celebration dinner for Dr See was very good! Mentally, physically and spiritually fulfilling. (foodies will know what I mean)
-----------------------------------------------------

Attending this convocation, I am very glad I had a chance to, thanks to ET...
It brought back something that was deep in slumber within me..
Firstly, it was the architecture of this University at this particular location... reminds me of very medieval "Harry potter - Hogwarts"...
And the next, which struck a chord within me..
Never had I felt that the education I had (in sgp) was substantial. Yes, they gave me a degree (but of cos, 老娘paid for it). But education is never just a piece of paper. Its the knowledge your bring with you, the acute mind that was shaped, the EQ you learned, its a whole process of growing up, and maturing into an adult. As much as I want to 拍拍胸膛大声说," 老娘是个 Engineer", 我无法理直气壮的这么做。Studying Engineering for 4 years in University, what I can remember after I graduated was not "kierchoff current law", nor "simi thermodynamic diagram", nor "otto cycle". I have always thought I am a half baked engineering student who half the time didn't know what was going on in class. However, with God's grace I managed to pass my subjects, almost all the time. Miraculously graduating with horrors honors.
Sometimes I regret that in my whole wide life of 24.9 yrs on earth, I have never given my utmost best in the area of academia. Yes I will mug... but that is like 3 days before the papers and I will start reading my notes from chapter 1?
Sometimes the element of self doubt comes to play. Was I unable to get into RGS like my cousins did - cos I was a lesser person in the brains department? Or was it cos I never bothered about school...?
Many questions, but no answers.
I want to prove it to myself, not to the whole world, but to myself.
To prove that I can actually study. To prove that if I worked hard I could have gone to better schools..
也许,这是要弥补我从前遗失的至尊心, 与自卑感。为得让自己非常确定自己的能力,我必须在给自己一次机会, 在读多一次,这一次,放手一搏。

1 comment: