Sunday, May 10, 2009

pre Day 1, and Day 1.

So I've been back for almost 2 weeks already.

The crazy me went to work the day I touched down, with barely 1 hour of sleep.
Such is me, I am crazy at times.

But most of the other times, I am sedated.
Sedated from feelings, especially happy ones, when I am in Sg. Don't ask me why, perhaps its a curse.

So... I am just wondering if I should clear my 2 weeks backlog in OZ. I mean, who the hell reads my travelblog nowadays? And I am seriously too busy to write in. Just that the notion of "writing to 交待”doesn't impress me much.
But well, everytime I re-read my US adventures, my taiwan adventures, I thank myself for not being lazy. Memories.

Henceforth, thou has decided.... I will try my very best to pen this trip down.....

Day 1
It was Sunday, 10th May 09. Trying to be independent and "kay kiang", I took the public transport to Changi airport, with 3 pcs of barangs barangs, no less! The packing has made my nose runny - and I am having a slight cough, bother!
By the time I boarded the plane, my nose was running the 'sundown marathon'. I couldn't keep track how many packets of tissue paper I used, just that I was annoyed about having to wipe my snoot every other minute $&#^$*(@&#(@#@#! (Thankfully I wasn't taken off the flight to be quarantined, ha ha ha!)
Btw, T1 has got this isqueeze thing. Haha. Shioks.


3+am, we reached Darwin Airport to catch a connecting flight to Sydney. I guess the sneezes exhausted all my energy, and I was hungry. Bought my first meal in OZ -tada! Sushi (er, sucks)...
Sunrise @ Darwin

Sushi that is not delectable at all!
6+am, we were on the plane to Sydney! Wheee!
By Noon we reached Sydney! Took the train to Town Hall from Airport. The first impression I have of the trains in Sydney was... "wah!!! looks like the trains of Gotham City". Think Batman.
Gotham City?


Being the 'crazier twin', I begun posing pole-dancing round the poles of the train.

Caught the Harbour Bridge from inside the train...and we reached Town Hall soon after.

Queen Victoria Building
First stop was to woolsworth to get our supplies as we ascend to...KATOOMBA! Bought some food,chocs and orange juice. Had lunch at the deli.......... and made our way to the train station to catch a train to KATOOMBA!




Shagged after one whole day of travelling!


The skies get dark at 5pm. When we reached KATOOMBA at 8++, it was like dark, dark.......
KATOOMBA,on first sight/feel. BRRRR!!! COLD!! I'm glad I brought that coat Mom strongly encouraged me to bring. ("Moms know best!!") Heng I never "ai swee mai miah" and insisted to bring my DKNY jacket cos it was, plainly, DKNY (but will not keep me warm under this weather!)
Thank God for this jacket!!

No comments:

Post a Comment