Friday, September 28, 2007

13th august2007. a day to remember!

the most suay thing had to happen to me on the fateful 13th. No, its not friday the 13th.
The most unlucky thing happened. I was working the morning shift in the deli...and come 1040am, the lunch/dinner food were ready for pickup. So I retrieved them from the oven and brought them up from the kitchen to the deli. I was balancing piping hot chili on my left hand, and meatballs on my right hand.
On the last step of stairs, i felt a burning sensation. Yes, the chili spilled on me.
@$#%@*&)@#(*@#_@#_@
Nahbei CCB! then i dropped both pans of food. nahbehs.
All of my head was swimming with:
1. WAH LIEWS! Nahbei it is f***ing pain.
2. Faster cook replacement for chili and meatballs.
3. Clean up the overturned food on the flight of stairs.

Just so qian my boss walked past. Of cos my dear boss was very very worried for me!! I could see it... but I was more worried for the food la.. 'cos I am a responsible worker..
What happened next truly touched my heart.
Just 3 days ago, Micheala was torched on the left elbow by the oven at the kitchen.
3 days later, it was my turn.. only that my condition was more dire.
After I settled all the remaking of food, cleaned the stairs, Micheala took a plastic bag, filled with ice, and wrapped it round my sore arm.
**touched**
a simple gesture that touched my heart.
presenting..
the heroine.

and the nasty burns:

the acme of photography. psst!! the steering wheel is blurred, but my burn is focused. pretty ah!! picture of burn is taken 3 days after the unfortunate accident

2 days later.. i was undressing and the shirt sleeve caught on the blister and torn it.. :(

3 comments:

  1. wah laU eh..wad happenEd tO UU sia..why had suCH nasTy burns!!ewwww...horrible lah..
    den still can play BB bO?! haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey ET,

    ur burns very jiat lat leh!
    think of us also dun have to burn urself mah ;)

    sigh... looking at ur many many photos... makes me miss GC so so much!! sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. m|n>> haha...it was a pure accident and epitome of suayness la.. Wasnt paying attention den accidents happened then. I miss GC too. U R not alone.. for i am here with you... HAHA.. our fav song when barb was there...memories........ awwwww.....

    ReplyDelete