Thursday, September 13, 2007

last day in US.

As i am typing this from my hostel-slum room, i keep having recollections, thoughts, reflections and introspection.
I remember how excited I was when I first arrived in San Francisco. But 5 days into it, I decided, there's no place nicer than Grand Canyon. Sure, San Frans is a pretty city/town, but when you have one of the world's wonders at your feet, it just feels magical.
I will be leaving the US for Taiwan soon (and home afterwards).
Yes people, I will continue my tour to Taiwan for 9 days.
Will be back in Singapore, 24th September, Changi Airport, 1340
And then, back to my mundane, boring, and possibly, rat-race life
God help me!
The idea of an adult life scares me. Just tell me frankly, how many good people are out there??!Everywhere and everyone is like a transaction deal. They weigh your usefulness, and then decide to use/exploit you. Perhaps its just me, I paint a too dark picture of the working world.. But how many times have I seen people backstabbing each other? If it was prominent at school, the working society is very much worst.
Right, this entry shouldn't be me complaining about my about-to-happen-adult-life-which-I-can't-control.

~
This summer has been the most...awesome, magical, smashing, great time of my life. I am glad I made this decision to come to US, and not go straight into working life. Even though I had to fork out money to come here, work for a meager pay when I could have been earning more money, but hey, how do you measure money with something that is intangible?
Magical summer - I am glad I chose Grand Canyon. And not Yellowstone (just so I can be with my friends). I am glad I was courageous to come on my own to Grand Canyon. Put aside all fears (of traveling alone, no friends, blabla). If I hadn't choose Grand Canyon, I wouldn't have made such good friends - 'cos its only when you travel alone that you start making friends. Who would make close friends when you are already traveling with close
friends? - Right???
My Singaporean friends - CheeMin aka ET, Korinna aka Corona-cum-Bimbo Queen, Mary, Shirlyn, Tai ma aka Pearly, Shushing, Ning+wendy, feny+anggi, haskell-cum-he-likes-to-imitate-Alma, fabian, etc..
I am glad I got to know you guys!


And after they left, I forged closer friendships with Amy, J
udy, Alan, Mia the dog, Pearl the cat...
which is another reason I am glad I stayed on after the sgporean kids went back home. If I hadn't stay, I wouldn't know these friends in depth, did some pretty crazy stuffs with them. And had a smashing 23rd birthday - thank you Amy + Judy. AND lei f
or the present!! I like, very pretty!
my 23rd bday.

In a day's time, I will fly back to my side of the globe. No longer would it be Night for me, Day for my Singaporean friends. It would be Night for my US friends, and Day for me.....
Adious US. Till we meet again
to be continued

3 comments:

  1. WOMAN!!! YOU LOOK SOOOOOO PRETTY IN THE PHOTO SIA!!!!! no wonder paul would send you off all the way to st george eh haha. aiyoh i must start using that cream you put on every night haha.

    hmm see see..i remember those times you were frustrated in the US, and those times you were deliberating whether to stay or leave. well, as it turns out, you made a very good decision of staying. so proud of you gal =) (hmm, i actually have a part-time job now, and i used you as inspiration to stay on with my work..blabla long story but yeah, ur an inspiration. CHE so cheesy can).

    have fun in taiwan n see you in Sg!!!

    PS. yeah gal i had the best time of my life in US too. im coming back next year..for good muahahahaha:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup,
    GCNR is a magical place indeed...
    maybe it's the magnificient environment over there or...
    maybe i'm just out of my mind because staying at a ulu cum isolated place for too long?!
    i made some out-of-my-expectation or more appropriate out-of-my-mind decision over thr...decisions which i'll consider as irrational or even stupid by others back here in S'pore!
    but it was the most beautiful and sweetest summer that i had in my life for the time being concerned~ it's definitely worthwhile & i didn't regret embarking on this WAT journey~ i had experienced much more than i had expected!

    enjoy ur trip at TP, take more photos n tell us more when come back~cause we're planning it as our graduation trip!
    have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg... can tell that u miss the place so much!!

    haha.. it's possible to love a place coz of the pple.. and to love the pple coz of the place.. and despite all the grumblings etc etc.. love still grew.. =P

    enjoy exploring and experiencing the world =)

    ReplyDelete